The key to any great party is a showstopper of a cake!
Just in time for the Platinum Jubilee weekend, celebrating the Queen’s 70 years of service, Denby Outlet has a foolproof recipe for a delicious & colourful Jubilee Celebration Cake – with hallmarks of a classic Victoria sponge cake!
You will need
200g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g caster sugar
200g unsalted butter, softened
4 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
For the filling:
250ml double cream, whipped
A mix of summer fruits
Icing sugar to dust
- Heat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5.
- Grease 2 loose-bottomed sandwich tins and line with baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, either by hand or using an electric mixer.
- Add the milk and the eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Gently fold in the flour and baking powder. Ensure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Divide the mixture between each cake tin and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until risen and slightly springy to the touch.
- Let the cake cool completely before decorating on a Denby plate or platter. We used whipped double cream, summer fruits, and a sprinkle of icing sugar.
Happy baking and enjoy the Jubilee celebrations!