Hot Flame Livingston is a very busy and popular world food buffet restaurant where customers can enjoy a world of fresh cooking from its live cooking stations. We now have a vacancy for a Part-Time Experienced Bookkeeper, to be based on site at the restaurant in Livingston.
If you have a focused outlook, can demonstrate lots of experience in bookkeeping, have a keen eye for detail and can demonstrate that you have the skills and attributes listed below, then we would love to meet with you to discuss this opportunity further.
Summary of Position:
To provide a first-class bookkeeping service using Sageline 50, including responsibility for purchase ledger, bank reconciliation, preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns and preparation of monthly and annual accounts.
· To be responsible for all purchase ledger transactions
· To carry out bank reconciliations
· To record day to day financial transactions by verifying, allocating and posting
· To balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
· To prepare monthly management accounts and financial reports as required by the Managing Director
· To perform partial checks of the posting process
· To complete tax forms as required
· To process accounts payable/receivable
· Educated to Standard Grade level or equivalent
· Proven bookkeeping and purchase ledger experience and sound knowledge of Sageline 50
· Competent in use of Microsoft Office Packages, specifically Excel and Word
· Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent timekeeper
· Ability to multi-task
· Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Honest & trustworthy
· Friendly and outgoing
· Ability to command respect
· Positive outlook on life
· Reliable and dependable
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. The job holder may be asked by their manager to carry out other reasonable tasks within their capability. The job description may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The job-holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.
Please forward your application and CV to: