About the role
Our Assistant Managers fully support their Store Managers with the managing of the store. You will be responsible for;
- Leading, motivating and developing your team to ensure consistent performance
- Driving Customer Service through team engagement and excellent product knowledge
- Maximising your store’s sales potential and profitability, driving the KPIs
- Delivering company standards to the highest level
- Visual merchandising and product launches
- Being a Brand Ambassador!
We are looking for someone with…
- Retail management experience from a fast-paced background
- Excellent people skills with a proven track record of leading, developing and motivating a team
- Strong organisational skills; time management is a must
- A passion for selling and customer engagement
- A record of commercial success and awareness
- Recognition of the importance of strong visual merchandising
- Awareness of the local, and competitor market
- Clothing experience – desirable but not essential
- Passion, enthusiasm, and a hands-on attitude
Who are we? At 350+ stores globally and nearly 3000 employees we are a leading outdoor retailer, with an always-evolving attitude. You can find out about our fantastic own-brand products, as well as our newly launched brands, such as Animal, at www.mountainwarehouse.com. Check out our “Inside the Outdoors” section, where you can explore the outdoors, find expert advice on how to choose your ski pants or top tips for dog owners, and learn about some of our charity ventures.
- International- we have stores in Europe across Poland, Germany and Austria, across the pond in Canada and the USA, and our latest adventure is in New Zealand!
- Neon Sheep. Did you know we had a sister brand? We opened in 2017 and now have over 20 bleating marvellous stores in the UK.
Why join us?
*competitive salary* 50% employee discount* employee referral incentive leading outdoor retailer
We love seeing people grow; many of our Assistant Managers have been promoted and run their own stores. We are passionate about developing our store teams, recently launching a learning platform with some great tools!
- Bonus scheme
- 50% Employee Discount across 3 brands
- Twice-yearly uniform allowance
- 28 days annual leave, including Bank Holidays
- Auto-enrolment Pension scheme
- Employee Referral Incentive
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Development and progression within a fast-paced and stable environment
- Colleague hardship scheme
- Online learning portal, accessible to all team members
If you embrace hard work and strive to achieve, then come on our journey, and join us – inside the outdoors!
Applications should be made via the company website by clicking here