The outlet is almost 19 years old and has matured into a well-loved and frequently visited destination, but with changing consumer habits and expectations higher than ever, it is now time to usher in a more aspirational and contemporary look and feel to the building’s interior and exterior appearance.
With outlet shopping now encompassing retail, leisure, dining, social and event activities, the refurbishment will future-proof the appeal of Livingston Designer Outlet and see a shift from a functional attraction to a far more experiential one.
The succession of new brands that have joined and grown the Outlet in the last few years endorses this strategy to invest and paves the way to continue to add further desirable names to the line-up.
What will the refurbishment involve?
The 8 month project will introduce a more aspirational look and feel to include:
- A new brand logo – but no change of name
- New external signage
- A quality redecoration scheme inside and out using contemporary colours and new finishes
- Improved environmentally friendly lighting
- An improved sense of arrival from the car park
- Digital wayfinding screens placed within the malls
- High quality seating zones at pause points in the malls
- Replacement of some of the industrial metalwork to the balustrades with glazed panels
- New stone flooring replacing the existing tiling
- A new customer services area serving the modern needs of our guests
- Ceiling finishes and pendant lighting to add character and warmth
- A reconfiguring of the main atrium area to create an impactful sense of arrival
- Improved main entrance lobbies to impress guests from the minute they arrive
- A new children’s play area