OUR VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Respect – This means respecting each other, great communication, valuing contributions, respecting differences and supporting one another.
Collaboration – This is all about teamwork and remembering that we are all working towards the same goal. It’s also about how we work with our clients and their other suppliers. We are one team!
Integrity – This is about being honest, reliable and trustworthy and always delivering on promises.
Innovation – This is about striving to always improve, working smarter, coming up with new ideas and having the confidence to share them. At the same time it’s about embracing change.
Excellence – This is all about striving to be the very best brand ambassador, exceeding expectations to build value and give us and our clients a real competitive advantage.
Trust – This is all about being consistent, organised and reliable. It’s also about doing what you say you are going to do and not promising what you can’t deliver.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The multiskilled operative will provide a comprehensive service ensuring a high-quality service is delivered to the client. You will represent ABM as part of the onsite team providing cleaning services whilst maintaining a professional image to our staff, suppliers, clients, and our clients’ customers always. Although the primary focus is on cleaning, as an MSO you will be required to carry out any reasonable task for which you are deemed competent and as is reasonable.
You are responsible for general upkeep for designated areas ensuring that the general appearance of the building and surrounding areas is maintained in accordance with ABM and our clients required standards. Reporting to ABM nominated supervisors and Managers you will cultivate relationships with our clients and manager alongside staff, to ensure efficient and consistent level of operational performance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To assist with cleaning duties and any other reasonable associated task as directed by the ABM nominated supervisor or manager.
- To be flexible and responsive to changing daily priorities fulfilling requirements.
- To be Knowledgeable of all cleaning related tasks, so that at the commencement of the shift, the current scheduled activity is supported, without the need for specific direction.
- To be sufficiently cognisant of the area/building layout to be able to service the required areas.
- Prioritise jobs according to urgency allowing duties to be completed within any time allocations to the necessary quality, planning around periodic tasks.
- Escalate any issues to the ABM nominated supervisors/Managers.
- Ensure that work area is clean, well maintained and all equipment is secure and well looked after.
- Communicate regularly with ABM supervisor/Manager to obtain feedback on quality of work.
- Undertake training as necessary in line with the development of the post.
- To achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescale.
- To contribute positively to the effectiveness and efficiency of the teams you work in.
- Flexibility in your approach to work and the needs of the business.
- Promote a clean and safe work environment by ensuring all tasks are carried out in line with company policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Operates and manages workloads effectively without supervision.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are applied complying with legislation and company policy and procedure.
- Sound communication skills.
- Demonstrate initiative in the absence of supervision, accepting responsibility.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, building codes and other compliance policies. Executing duties in a manner which minimises the incidents and accidents in the building.
- A proactive approach to work and the ability to problem solve.
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday 10pm – 6.30am – 40 hours per week.
Hourly Rate: £9.60
How to apply:
Applications can be made by emailing the Cleaning Manager here